Conversation on the Future of Our Students in the Workplace
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce continues to find that one of the most serious, but least recognized concerns of our future is our students’ place in our workforce.
In talking to a majority of our member businesses, their most significant issue is finding properly prepared employees to fill vacant positions within their businesses.
To continue to bring this topic to the forefront, the Chamber will be holding a “Conversation on the Future of Our Students in the Workplace” ,Wednesday, November 6th, 5:30 to 7pm at the 42 North Brewing Company Conference Room, 25 Pine Street, East Aurora.
Topics will include but not be limited to:
- What are top employer needs?
- In what ways are schools preparing students for the workplace?
- What are employers doing to develop interest in student career development?
- What are the challenges to creating awareness of career opportunities for students?
- Discussion on the variety of fulfilling career opportunities and pathways available.
- How do these issues impact the community as a whole?
Join us in working to develop a better understanding of the workforce needs of our business community and the development of partnerships in better preparing our students for the workplace.
Invited: Business Stakeholders, Parents, Students, Teachers, School Administrators
To RSVP and for further information contact the Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce at 652-8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Complimentary finger foods will be available.