New East Aurora Sidewalk Sale returns live and in-person this July
The new concept features a Village-wide Sidewalk Sale & Vendor Marketplace at the Classic Rink
The East Aurora Sidewalk Sale is back – live and in-person with a brand new concept!
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that a new Sidewalk Sale event will be held live and in-person on Friday, July 23, and Saturday, July 24.
This year’s event looks a little different from past years due to COVID and will spread out over two days:
• Friday, July 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Village-wide Sidewalk Sale for brick and mortar businesses located within East Aurora. **Please Note: The Vendor Marketplace WILL NOT take place on Friday.
• Saturday, July 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.- Vendor Marketplace at the Classic Rink, 41 Riley Street, AND village-wide Sidewalk Sale for brick and mortar businesses located within in East Aurora.
The Chamber recently received approval for the event from the Erie County Department of Health and the East Aurora Village Board with several changes to how it’s been held in the past.
Changes to the event this year include:
• Main Street will NOT be closed and will remain open to traffic.
• Brick and mortar stores throughout the village will hold outdoor sales in front of their buildings along the sidewalks from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, July 23 & Saturday, July 24.
• Other area vendors (normally set up along Main Street) will be located in the Vendor Marketplace at the Classic Rink, 41 Riley Street from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 24 ONLY.
• As of now the maximum capacity of the Marketplace will be kept to 500 people at any one time as per Erie County COVID guidance. Please note: This could change as the event nears. The Chamber will communicate any changes to COVID guidance as soon as possible.
• No street festival or entertainment will be held.
All current COVID safety precautions will be in effect. At this point that includes: Social distancing both on the sidewalk, in the Marketplace, and within Vendor areas and masking will be required for all non-vaccinated or immunocompromised participants both on the sidewalk, in the Marketplace, and Vendor areas.
There is plenty of FREE parking available on both Friday, July 23, and Saturday, July 24.
Fisher-Price has graciously opened its Riley Street Parking lot to the public on both days and parking is free.
There is also plenty of on-street parking as well as space in several public lots in the village.