The grant application portal is now open for the NYS Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program through Empire State Development and their partner Lendistry.
• For-Profit Microbusinesses (less than 10 employees)
• For-Profit Small Businesses (less than 100 employees)
•For-Profit Independent Arts & Cultural Organizations
Eligibility requirements include:
• Entities must have begun operation on or before March 1, 2019 and continue to be in operation as of the date of application (may be shuttered due to COVID restrictions).
• Need to show a reduction in gross receipts of at least 25% from 2019 to 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic or compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols which resulted in business modifications, interruptions, or closures.
• Show gross receipts between $25,000 and $500,000 for 2019 and 2020, and positive net profit for 2019.
• Business applicants must not have qualified for assistance programs under the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 or other available federal COVID-19 economic recovery or business assistance grant programs above certain thresholds (received more than $100,000 of a PPP grant or loan).
Grant amounts range from $5,000 to $50,000 based on the entity’s annual gross receipts.
While this process is not on a “first-come, first-served basis” Interested businesses are urged to submit applications as soon as possible, due to limited funding. Applications will be evaluated based on business attributes set by the legislature, and priority will be given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners including, but not limited to, minority and women-owned business enterprises, service-disabled veteran-owned businesses, and veteran-owned businesses, or businesses located in communities that were economically distressed prior to March 1, 2020.
Additional guidelines may be found at:
This information was made available in part through our partnership with the Chamber Alliance of New York State (CANYS) and also with the assistance of Lendistry.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Chamber and we can provide you with local resource contacts to assist you.