CHAMBER GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE A GOOD HOLIDAY GIFT THAT SUPPORTS LOCAL BUSINESSES!
The holiday season is upon us! While shoppers make out their holiday lists, one great option is a Chamber gift certificate. The popular certificates are treated like cash for purchases. The gift certificate program was developed by the Chamber as a way to support local businesses by keeping customer dollars in the greater East Aurora area. Over 100 businesses participate in the program. The certificates are great gifts for mail carriers, babysitters, teachers, bus drivers, family, friends and employees.
The certificates are sold in $5, $10 and $25 increments at the Greater East Aurora Chamber, and the purchaser is provided with a list of over 100 merchants at that time. A complete listing of gift certificate participants can be viewed by visiting the Chamber website at www.eanycc.com and going to the member directory section, or simply contact the Chamber Office at 652-8444, or stop in at our office at 652 Main St, East Aurora. Office Hours are Monday-Friday; 8am-4:30pm.
The Chamber Office will be open special hours for Small Business Saturday, November 24th, 10am-2pm.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend Next Week’s Chamber Awards!
Next Week Tuesday, September 25th the Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce will be recognizing 8 businesses, organizations and individuals for their achievements at 6pm at the Roycroft Inn.
Here are 5 reasons why you should be there!
5. You need a fun night out enjoying great food and drink at the Roycroft Inn!
4. Join fellow business associates, educators and government representatives as you network and re-connect!
3. Cheer on friends and colleagues that have had a significant positive impact on Greater EA!
2. See what’s REALLY happening in your community!
1. You will be inspired and motivated!
For further information contact the Chamber office at 652-8444.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Based on our recent survey the number one thing members value most about their Chamber membership?
NETWORKING!…the opportunity to connect to over 500 local businesses.
Now that’s a powerful membership benefit!
Join by Friday, 8/17 during our Membership Drive and get 15 months membership for the cost of 12 months!
Our recent member survey identified a top concern facing businesses…hiring qualified workers. The Chamber is driving collaboration among local schools and business leaders to identify the workplace needs and facilitate discussion among guidance counselors, teachers, parents and students. Joining the Chamber helps support workforce development. Membership drive continues until August 17th. 15 months of membership for the cost of 12 months!
August 8, 2018
Chamber Events Have a Purpose & Long Lasting Impact!
With the recently wrapped up Street Festival & Sidewalk Sale and the upcoming September 8th Taste of East Aurora, I just wanted to briefly talk about the longer lasting impacts these events have on our community.
Beyond the immediate day of sales & dollar impact and the tens of thousands of visitors and shoppers that are drawn to East Aurora, these events have a longer lasting effect on our local brick and mortar businesses, other participating vendors and the community at large.
These include visitors….
- seeing the excitement and vibrancy of EA and just want to return for a visit to do more shopping and dining
- recognizing businesses that they didn’t know existed and coming back to utilize their services at a later date
- who were considering starting their own business and after seeing the energy in EA decide to do it here
- who come from all across WNY and see the businesses, homes and neighborhoods for the first time and decide to move here
So you see there is more than a 6 hour event that closes Main St. to traffic and may be an inconvenience to some. There is longevity to the event that carries on throughout the year that offers businesses an opportunity to take advantage of and that benefits the community in more ways than most people think!
Thank you and have a great day!
Gary D. Grote
CHAMBER SEEKING AWARD NOMINATIONS!
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations in various categories for their 73rd Annual Business Recognition Awards, Tuesday, September 25th at the Roycroft Inn.
These awards recognize significant contributions to the Greater East Aurora community by businesses, organizations and individuals.
Categories and criteria include:
- “SHOWCASE AWARD” – A Chamber member business that has shown growth in sales or employment and/or has made a significant contribution to their industry and/or has had an impact on the local Greater East Aurora economy.
- “HAPPENING AWARD” – An organization holding an annual event in Greater East Aurora that draws a significant audience, promotes the area and has a positive impact on local businesses.
- “JOURNEY AWARD” – A member business, organization or individual that has played a key role in promoting tourism in Greater East Aurora and/or works as a partner with other local businesses to promote local tourism and/or is a “role model” in the hospitality industry, i.e. customer service, cross promotion, etc.
- “EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE AWARD” – An employee of a member business that exemplifies the highest degree of customer service.
- “VISIONARY AWARD” – A Greater East Aurora business, school, association or individual that promotes student preparation for the workplace by acting as an advocate for workforce development issues, career technology education and the skilled trades and/or plays an active role in partnering with other businesses and schools in supporting career exploration activities, i.e. internships, business tours, mock employment interviews or support of employability portfolios.
- “CIVICS AWARD” – An individual(s) who has contributed significant support to a Greater East Aurora not-for-profit or service club for the betterment of the GEA community and its residents.
- “LEGENDS AWARD” – Representing the Chamber’s Hall of Fame induction that features an individual, business or organization that has had a long standing impact of 50 years or more on the GEA community.
- “EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR” – In keeping with the Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce’s Business Education Alliance mission statement which is – To develop partnerships between our business and education sectors to better prepare students for the work place – we continue to recognize educators in the East Aurora, Holland, Iroquois school districts and the Ormsby Educational Center to honor them for their dedication toward their students’ success in the workplace.
Event Title Sponsors include Bene-Care, Fisher-Price, Bank on Buffalo, Benderson Development, Bank of Holland, Bright & Brainy Creative Marketing, Marilla Country Store, Surdej Web Solutions, The Bonadio Group, West Herr Buick, GMC, Cadillac of East Aurora – Event Supporting Sponsors include Aurora Audiology & Speech Associates, Comfort Funeral Home, Independent Nursing Care, Moog.
Nominations and a brief explanation in support of the nomination are due to the Chamber office at 652 Main St., email@example.com by Friday, August 17th. For further information or questions contact the Chamber office at 652-8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org .