“Health Live” Helping to Create Healthier Lifestyles!
The Greater East Aurora Chamber, in an effort to help develop healthier life styles within the Greater East Aurora community and promote its health and wellness related member businesses, is proud to announce an exciting health and wellness event.
“Health Live – The Vision of You” will be a fun and interactive event to promote health & fitness to families!
The Chamber will be providing a “passport” for visitors to have stamped at participating locations. Completed passports will be eligible for prize drawings.
The goals are to encourage more physically active and healthy lifestyles and to support local businesses in the health and wellness industries!
The event will be held Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 9am to 12pm rain or shine.
Activities will take place at participating wellness related businesses in the village and along Main St.
Participants can register starting at 8am at Absolut Care, 292 Main St. and to pick up their passports for the prize drawings.
Registrants can participate in various activities scheduled at 4 – 30 minute intervals through the morning.
A wrap up party and prize drawings will take place at 42 North from noon to 1pm.
Activities and educational sessions will include but will not be limited to:
- Chiropractic Care Exercise/Sports Massage Therapists Mental Health Care Spas/Wellness Health Products Community Services Financial/Insurance Healthy Eating Physicians Dental Care Seniors/Retirement Health Services
For further information regarding vendor registration, sponsorships and questions contact the Chamber office at 652-8444 or email@example.com.
This coming Thursday, February 20th, 8:30 am at the East Aurora Hampton Inn, in case you missed it last time or you would like to refresh your efforts in promoting your business, the Chamber will have presentations from Visit Buffalo Niagara and our Chamber webmaster, providing information on how to increase the awareness and outreach of your business to local and international consumers.
Cindy Kincaide from Visit Buffalo Niagara and Jeff Surdej from Surdej Web Solutions will discuss the opportunities available to promote your business to a larger audience at no cost.
Learn to take advantage of these free programs to increase sales for your business!
This is also a great opportunity to network and share with other business owners.
Please see the attached agenda.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Gary Grote, Executive Director
Business Tourism Council Meeting
Thursday, February 20, 2020
8:30 – 9:30am
@ East Aurora Hampton Inn
- Welcome/Self Introductions
- Visit Buffalo Niagara – Extra Net Presentation – Cindy Kincaide, VBN
- Chamber – Manage Your Membership Listing Presentation – Jeff Surdej, Surdej Web Solutions
- Oakwood Avenue/Tannery Brook Culvert Construction Update
- Heartland Travel Showcase – Target Cleveland 2021
- Upcoming Events
- New Business/Community Updates/Information Exchange – Bring flyers, posters, promotional pieces of your upcoming activities and events.
Next Meeting Date: Thursday, March 19, 2020 – 8:30am @ Auctions International, 11167 Big Tree Rd., EA – Hosted by Russ Scherrer, Auctions International & Pam Forge, Explore NY/Forge Ahead Productions
Continental Breakfast Provided
Get Your Business Recognized!
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a presentation with Cindy Kincaide, Director of Industry Sales for Visit Buffalo Niagara and Jeff Surdej of Surdej Web Solutions representing the Chamber, offering presentations on how to improve your on-line presence to increase traffic to your business at their monthly Business Tourism Council meeting Thursday, February 20, 8:30-9:30am at the East Aurora Hampton Inn, 49 Olean Rd.
Businesses are invited to take advantage of these opportunities, increasing leads for their business, at no cost.
For further information contact the Chamber office at 652-8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber Women in Business Luncheon Feb. 25
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Women in Business Luncheon on Tuesday, February 25th, 12 Noon at The Globe Restaurant, 711 Main St., East Aurora.
The event offers participants an opportunity to network and discuss topics unique to women in business.
The focus on women in business issues addresses concerns that might not be addressed in other venues.
The luncheon is open to members at $30 per person and non-members at $40 per person.
Registration can be made on line at www.eanycc.com or by calling 652-8444.
Sponsors for this event are The Globe, the East Aurora Advertiser and Northwest Mutual/Hart & Keenan & Co.
Chamber Business After Hours
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce will be presenting a Business After Hours event Tuesday, January 21, 5:30 – 7pm hosted by The Globe, 711 Main St. for members and non-members.
The event is free with The Globe providing complimentary hors d’oeuvres. Guests can also enjoy the cash bar.
Guests can participate in networking with other business owners, meet Chamber staff and board members and learn more about member benefit opportunities during a fun evening.
Please RSVP at 652-8444 or email@example.com.
Click on the link below to read the article that features the Chamber’s Business Education Alliance and their efforts in meeting our area’s business workforce needs for the future!
Education Alliance Continues to Build a Workforce of the Future
GREATER EAST AURORA CHAMBER PRESENTING SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION TRAINING
The Chamber will be presenting its 3rd Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Certification Seminar to meet the New York State Department of Labor Law mandate that every employer is required to provide for employees.
Employees are required to take this training on an annual basis. The initial period to complete the training for current employees was October 2019.
The Chamber is providing these seminars to help local employers meet this obligation and will enable employers to keep current employees and new hires compliant with the mandate.
Each employee will receive a certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course.
Each session must have a minimum enrollment of 10 employees which can be comprised of multiple employers.
The cost is $20 per Chamber member employee and $40 for each non-member employee.
Currently scheduled date: Tuesday, January 22nd, 8am at the Southside Commerce Center Auditorium, 300 Gleed Avenue, East Aurora.
Advanced registration is required.
For further information contact the Chamber office at 652-8444.
Marketing Opportunities Available
Upcoming Business After Hours Meet & Greet Event
Welcoming New and Current Members
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
5:30pm – 7:00pm
The Globe Restaurant
711 Main Street, East Aurora NY
Sponsorship Marketing Opportunities to Include:
- Table Top Display
- Sponsor Briefly Addresses Attendees
- Receive a List of Those who Attended Event (Contact & Business Name, Phone, Address, Email, Website Address)
- Your Business Name & Logo on All Promotional Material
- Opportunity to Network with All in Attendance
Please contact Gary Grote, 652-8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to confirm your participation as a sponsor by January 8, 2020
The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce is seeking to recruit an Associate Director.
Resumes for the position will be accepted through Thursday, January 10, 2020.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Chamber office at 652 Main St., East Aurora, NY 14052.
The job description is posted below.
GREATER EAST AURORA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Associate Director – Membership and Events Specialist
The role of the Associate Director – Membership and Events Specialist is to provide administrative and marketing support to the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce (Chamber). A key function of this position is to act as the liaison between the local business community and the Chamber office, communicating member benefits to prospective members and assisting with current member inquiries. Assisting the Executive Director with new business development opportunities and increasing revenue through new memberships and programs is a major function of this position.
NATURE OF THE POSITION:
- Act as the point of contact between current/prospective members and the Chamber, answering inquiries and communicating information regarding Chamber benefits and programs.
- Maintain tracking system to identify prospective new members.
- Coordinating and acquiring participants and sponsors for our major events throughout the year.
- Creating networking opportunities for our membership.
- Maintain listings of community and Chamber events and update Chamber Web site as needed.
- Develop and maintain the Chamber’s social media presence including Facebook and Twitter.
- Assist in coordinating meetings, programs, events and other functions, maintaining reservation and attendance records and invoicing and processing payments.
- Work closely with committee members and volunteers to assist with program setup, including preparing related mailings, sending out meeting notifications and making reminder calls.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director and Board with promoting Chamber benefits and programs to current and prospective members.
- Expand membership base by assisting Executive Director with prospecting local business owners and by attending local networking events, tradeshows and other events that will increase awareness of membership benefits.
- Keep abreast of changes in the local business community and advise Executive Director of all changes.
- Support the Board of Directors in their efforts to obtain sponsorships for the Chamber community events by soliciting current members and local businesses.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Candidates must have at least two years’ experience as an administrative assistant or marketing coordinator and have strong organizational and communication skills. Experience using a variety of software applications including Word, Access and Excel is required. Must have own transportation for offsite events, activities and meetings. This will be a salaried position and the candidate must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends and maintain a professional, positive public image.